Love Turns 9!
Another year gone by and we are 9-year-old today. Those gone days, the bike rides, sharing petrol and going dutch over dinner at various food joints around Bangalore (various because we wanted variety and the cheapest place possible) seems as if it was yesterday. VT and I opened our hearts out to each other this day 9 years back on a bus ride from Bangalore to Mysore. That day we did not know that we will be given this lifetime to enjoy each other’s company and take many more joyful rides together.
For people in love, I feel every passing year is different and much more fulfilling. There is comfort in company and even if there are fewer words, there is peace and better understanding. Love is not about trips, outings or pictures. It is about togetherness and coming close in times that are hard. Last year was a different one for us – there were other engagements and travel was minimum. But we did have a chance to spend time at VT’s place and we celebrated Holiday season in Pune and Matheran with my cousin.
I am blessed to have VT in my life and if you feel this post is too mushy, move on. But I am allowed to be emotional once in a while!! Last year I highlighted our differences so this year it is about what I admire about VT:
- A kind heart
- Being such a great friend to me
- Making me laugh with the most stupid one liners – almost every single day.
- Passion to raise the bar for himself every time.
- His focus on his career and the way he gets emotional about what he really wants to achieve.
- He always thinks of me whenever he gets a chance to experience something new – be it a restaurant, a new cuisine or a new city.
- Challenging me all the time to think better for myself – personal or professional.
- Giving me my space and loving me the way I’m – a crazy nut who can shed tears at the drop of a hat
- Readiness to buy something for me whenever we go out yet never trying to surprise me 😀
- Ability to not recall what I am wearing today is new and was delivered yesterday. So, no lectures on finances and no talks on self-control 🙂
Yes, this list is not exhaustive but still! I need to confess that before I met VT, I had no idea of what a relationship like this means. I was naïve and our being together is like those pieces of jigsaw puzzle that fit together. My everyday inspiration is the peace between us (touch wood) and I hope we continue to learn from each other and understand each other better.
No, I am not hinting at being perfect but that imperfection is a joy in itself. The way I remind him of my birthday, our wedding anniversary and his own or even our parents, the fact he wakes me up each day, my resistance to learn driving, our conversations of life in general, those long weekend walks or our visits to temple – everything leads to an enriched and inspired living.
So, today as I am publishing this post dedicated to VT, I wish us happier days ahead and another year of happiness and food! 🙂
Today is Day 2 of Write Tribe Festival of Words #4, and I wanted to write a personal story for you readers. Hope you enjoy reading as much I enjoyed penning.