Triveni Ethnics: A Website Review
As many of you already know, I am taking up the #100SareePact this year. It’s a fabulous challenge. The one that is encouraging me to go traditional, explore various weaves and learn a lot about handlooms of India. It feels great when you are being looked up to for something however little that may be.
On the same lines, Bienu who blogs at Travel Knots introduced me to Triveni Ethnics. She had a fabulous saree draping session in Mumbai and I was hoping I will also get to attend a similar one in Bangalore. Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible. So, I was given the opportunity to select a saree of my choice from the website and Triveni team would send it over along with a blouse stitched exclusively for me. Sounds fancy? It’s true and I was lucky!
About Triveni Ethnics: With over 30 years of Saree manufacturing business, Triveni Ethnics is an e-retail set up that has a wide array of ethnic apparel for women. They cater to men and children’s wear as well but women steal the show. They deliver world-wide and take e-retailing seriously by building their brand presence on all major social media networks.
Experience on the website: With internet at homes, more women are moving towards buying Sarees online and the collection on this website is sorted well. The colors and organization is neat and easy on the eyes.
- You can choose Sarees based on work, material or where do you want to wear. The categories are called out on the top bar and then as you progress, you can filter the material and make a selection.
- When viewing the collection, for value conscious customers like me, the choice to filter by price or even defining a particular price range is possible.
- Filtering by color is also a good way to shop for those who would like that.
- When you are viewing sarees, you could shortlist what you like and then view the shortlisted selection later. This makes it easier to make a decision.
- When you are ready to buy, the fall and edging is complementary. You can buy a cotton in-skirt and you can also get a blouse stitched. Not just that, the blouse request form has got many styles and you can virtually design the way you want the blouse to be done. All that you need to provide is the right measurements and you are all set. The guide to measurements is also user-friendly. In fact, Triveni Ethnics allowed me to design my blouse and it turned out to be good and a smart fit.
- The team refreshes the collection and it’s good to see new stuff being added. Returning customers always have new things to try out that way.
- Pricing, big thumbs up. Reasonable and good value for money.
What could have been better: I have bought from other online stores and I can confidently say that the website fares well as compared to others.
- More views of the saree would be helpful – like how the aanchal looks or the pattern on the blouse. Yes, the zoom feature is great and helps a little more would add to overall experience.
- The collection gets overwhelming at times and the many filters could be clubbed in some manner so that it gets easy to browse.
- More emphasis on handlooms would be great and there could be a state wise collection like Kanchi cottons, Chanderi, Kota, Mangalgiri, Ikkat, Bomkai etc.
If you are someone who likes wearing sarees or you would like gift sarees, you should check out Triveni Ethnics. Where else would you get a good collection that doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket? 🙂
This is a sponsored review. Thank you team Triveni for the Saree and the smartly stitched blouse.